Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: GEM Mortgage
Posted on: November 26, 2022
GEM Mortgage, a division of Golden Empire Mortgage (GEM) is
proud to hold ourselves as one of the most respected lenders in the
mortgage industry for over 30 years. The GEM business philosophy
holds true that all consumers deserve access to credit, where "our
customers are our business" is the cornerstone for excellence.
Golden Empire Mortgage isn't just about mortgages and home lending
- GEM is about people, and building lasting customer
At GEM we understand that the lending process can be intimidating,
that's why we ensure that all of our employees hold to the highest
level of client satisfaction. We pride ourselves on integrity,
knowledge and state of the art technology all in an effort to
provide our customers with excellent customer service and the best
Under general supervision of the Branch Manager, the Mortgage Loan
Originator is responsible for origination of mortgage loans. This
position conducts initial pre-qualification interviews and prepares
complete loan application packages and necessary documentation. The
Loan Originator also conveys policies for extension of credit in
accordance with Company and investor guidelines, serves customers,
prospective customers, builders, developers and realtors promptly
Essential job functions
- Responsible for originating own sales by contacting prospective
clients and by developing and maintaining referral sources.
- Spend over 50% of time away from employer's place of business
in performing principal duty of selling loan products
offered by company.
+ Interviews, takes applications, and processes preliminary
documentation on loan requests. Discuses loan alternatives,
credit criteria, interest rates, and loan documentation with
+ Assesses customer's applications and evaluates products, pricing,
and other variables in order to determine which
mortgage products might best serve customer's needs.
+ Submits, within company designated time frames, all files to
operations staff for processing, underwriting, closing, and
- Performs follow-up work to achieve conditional loan approval
within established time frames.
- Locks in rates and programs for customers when reasonably
requested and in a timely manner.
- Completes lending operations in accordance with established
Company policies and legal requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective and professional business relations with customers,
realtors, building professionals, and referral partners.
+ Maintains current and thorough knowledge of all lending programs,
policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
FLSA Status: Commission Only
- High School or GED required.
- NMLS MLO License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, while working in a fast
- Exceptionally detailed, focused and motivated
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pleasant with customers, business partners and colleagues.
- Knowledge of automated underwriting systems (DU/LP), HUD and
- Comprehensive understanding of legal, compliance and Investor
External Company URL:
Street: 2099 S. State College Blvd
Keywords: GEM Mortgage, Anaheim , Mortgage Loan Originator, Other , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!