Systems Furniture Installer III
Posted on: October 10, 2020
Hiring Immediately! Conducting interviews daily, same day job
Minimum Starting Hourly Pay Rate:$18.50 per hour paid bi-weekly
(pay rate is based on experience)
Work Schedule: Variable work schedule. Work hours may often exceed
30+ hours per week, contingent on availability and client needs.
Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred..
This position requires travel around the local area (serving Orange
County, Los Angeles, and surrounding area); depending upon customer
The Installer III installs and de-installs modular furniture
systems as directed by Supervisor. This position may be called upon
to run small install and move projects. In addition, this position
physically lifts, carries and/or pushes furniture, equipment and
cartons on wheels to and from trucks, offices and warehouses as
requested by the customer. Responsible to load and unload trucks
from loading dock, using ramps or on lift-gates. May assist in
setting& offsetting goods on equipment. Responsible to produce a
quality move for the customer. Assists the install/move process by
communicating with supervisors, the end users/customer and other
crew members. Uses extreme care not to damage goods or facilities
during the move.
This position is also responsible for reporting and escalating any
related issues about the job to the Supervisor, Lead Foreman or
Project Manager. Typically obtains daily site work role assignments
from the Supervisor, Lead Foreman or Project Manager, however has a
dotted line to the Dispatcher, Operations Supervisor and directly
reports to the Operations Manager.Position ResponsibilitiesAccount
- Checks for start time (for next day's work schedule) with
- Arrives at Corovan dispatch office (or on-site), in complete
uniform every day.
- Obtains daily work assignments from dispatch or operations
- Sets, offsets, pushes, pulls, lifts, carries and moves
furniture, equipment and boxes as required.
- Installs and de-installs systems walls and splines, components
and trim. Installs and de-installs shelving and racking
- Inventory all major brands of systems furniture.
- Handles and stages product, performs detail work and trash-out
functions on install projects.
- Read install plans and identify starting locations, staging
locations and changes.
- Properly loads and unloads trucks from loading dock, using
ramps or on lift-gates to protect goods being moved and supervises
others doing the same. Completes all paperwork accurately and
neatly and turns into operations daily.
Maintenance and Repair
- Perform minor repairs and cleaning of furniture systems on
- Complete red-line and stick drawings as needed.
- Completes accurate and timely paperwork including timesheets,
bills of lading, tick sheets, inventories and disposal forms.
- Maintain excellent customer service with the customers,
transportation and operation teams to establish solid
- Must be punctual at all times. If an emergency arises, inform
the supervisor and warehouse manager immediately, so that
appropriate coverage can be arranged.
- Must work cooperatively with members of the crew.
- Must be courteous, helpful, and professional to all existing
and potential customers.
- Must be respectful of rules at each customer site as to where
to work, and adhere to meal and rest period locations.
- Must follow all confidentiality rules regarding any products or
services that are visible at a customer's move site.
- Must follow all security rules for the company and assigned
- Train Installer I& II employees under the direction of the
- Performs work with quality, efficiency and safety at all
- Must abide by all safety rules; to include proper safety gear
(back braces, safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats, masks and/or
gloves, etc. as required by the customer or by law), drive
forklifts safely (seatbelt, slow speeds, ensuring trucks are
chalked and using proper plates, etc.).
- Report any unsafe dangerous requests from customers to senior
- Sign timesheets daily signifying your start, meal periods and
end time daily, and other documentation is completed accurately and
turned in by the time requirement.
- If also a qualified and approved driver, drives trucks up to
and including Class A vehicles.
All other duties as assigned based on business needs.Basic
- High School Diploma and/or general education degree (GED); or
one to two (1-2) year's related experience and/or training or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid California driver's license may be required
- If driving on behalf of company, a valid driving record that
meets the company's insurance carrier's requirements.
- Three (3) years of warehouse/moving and/or furniture
installation experience required, using various moving equipment
and its proper usage such as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet
jacks, forklifts, ramps, lift gates, and all specialty equipment
including but not limited to roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks,
and J bars
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated
regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must
maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Individuals are required to be able to sit or stand for long
periods as needed throughout the day.
- Walking: May require walking primarily on a level surface, but
may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy
periods throughout the day, often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Proper lifting techniques required. May include
lifting up to 75 pounds, and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds
throughout the day. May also include climbing or descending stairs
while carrying goods up to 50 pounds.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction, reaching
above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform
various functions of the job.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Vision: Reads paperwork and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone, email, text and in
- Sitting: May be required to sit at desk. May sit for long
periods of time.
- May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping,
and kneeling throughout the day.
- May be required to do stair carries.
Additional InformationUpon offer, the Company conducts a
comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test.Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.The Company provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.Proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to
Keywords: Corovan, Anaheim , Systems Furniture Installer III, Professions , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!