Maintenance Equipment Technician
Company: Northgate Gonzalez
Posted on: October 12, 2020
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and
since then we have grown to 41 stores in four counties: Los
Angeles, Orange, San Diego and Riverside. We offer our customers a
full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery,
tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of
domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a
Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people
to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for
enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us.
We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and
fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a
sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you
are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and
want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer
opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family
member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and
flexible schedules. To learn more, please
JOB SUMMARY:To assist in preparing and loading in addition to
cleaning, inspecting and refurbishing equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Operate crane and/or forklift to load and unload.
- Assemble and disassemble tools relative to the services
provided per location.
- Troubleshoot complex production equipment failures with minimal
direction and guidance.
- Follow and improve manufacturing processes.
- Enter and maintain accurate entries in the equipment
- Participate in the valuation, selection and implementation of
complex production equipment.
- Clean, service and refurbish tools as required by
- Perform preventive maintenance and calibrations on complex
- Lead teams to identify and solve complex production equipment
- Train any new maintenance equipment technicians on machine
operation and maintenance procedures.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- Two year associate degree in electronic technology required or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in the maintenance
- (None required).
- General knowledge of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and
hydraulic technology and theory.
- Solid knowledge of analog and digital electronics.
- Solid knowledge of utilizing modern test equipment to diagnose
- Good verbal communication, writing and speaking skills.
- Ability to accept and understand direction, learn new skills
and assume new responsibilities with a positive attitude.
- Should be able to work closely with fellow employees.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks under minimal direction and
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being drug
free under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug
Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Physical Demands and Conditions
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified
to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, and use the hands to handle,
finger, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 60 pounds
carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift
moderate amounts of weight.
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that
include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must have the physical ability to immediately
respond to emergency situations.
- The employee must be able to climb ladders and work in high,
precarious places up to elevations of 175 feet.
- The job requires the ability to travel.
- The employee may be exposed to wet or humid conditions, outdoor
weather conditions, high noise environments, and extremely dusty
- The employee is regularly exposed to work near moving
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, educational factors, and the requirements and
conditions listed in this job description are representative only
and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to
perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require employees to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work- In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban
the Box Law).
Keywords: Northgate Gonzalez, Anaheim , Maintenance Equipment Technician, Professions , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!