Senior Estimator HVAC/Sheet Metal
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Kinetics is a premier commercial mechanical contractor specializing
in process piping, plumbing, and HVAC systems for commercial
sectors of biopharma, semiconductors, data centers, advanced
technologies and others! We are looking for an senior estimator to
help drive our HVAC group in California!
Responsible for providing complete, accurate, well defined, and
timely estimates; meets the needs of internal/external customers to
achieve total customer satisfaction. Estimation concentration in
sheet metal/HVAC systems.
Company website: www.kinetics.net
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Estimates all assigned projects, ensuring that take-off's, labor
factors and material pricing is accurate and in compliance with
Kinetics' latest estimating process;
- Calls for special material pricing, equipment quotes, and
subcontractor quotes as necessary to support an estimate with
current cost information;
- Clarifies with general contractor, architect, owner, or engineer
any discrepancies as they relate to the drawings or
- Recommends difficulty factoring;
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope
of work and required content of estimate;
- Prepares disciplined estimates by calculating complete take-off
of scope of work;
- Helps determine general conditions, fabrication costs, crew
- Makes recommendations on value engineering items that could
reduce the bid price;
- Prepares final estimate sheets (FEST) and bid forms as
- Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimate
figures, including current (accurate) information on pricing from
- Reviews design options and recommends best solution based on cost
engineering, quality, or availability of materials;
- Participates in pre-construction meetings and relays all
pertinent information to the project manager and purchasing. Walks
jobsites and attends pre-and post job reviews;
- Reads all technical data available to keep current with industry
- Communicates with employees, vendors, and subcontractors with the
highest level of integrity, ethics and honesty; and
- Supports other department personnel as necessary and other
responsibilities not outlined herein.
- Must have substantial knowledge of the industry, be skilled at
reading and interpreting plans and specifications, and at using
computerized estimating and support programs with strong
organizational traits as well as an ability to carry out multiple
tasks concurrently and meet deadlines regularly.
- Must have a great attention to detail, team player and possess
solid communication skills with the ability to communicate with all
levels within the organization and also with customers
- Candidate should have a degree in Construction Management,
Engineering or possess a minimum of 10+ years of professional
experience estimating in the field.
- Technical knowledge of sheetmetal, piping and plumbing estimating
is a must. Candidates with prior estimating software experience
such as Highlands, QuoteSoft or AutoBid is preferred.
If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions
this should be stated in the job description. Special working
conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and
weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with
challenging clients, and so forth.
If the job is physically demanding, this should be stated in the
job description. A physically demanding job is one where the
incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift
heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few
breaks, and so forth.
Keywords: Kinetics, Anaheim , Senior Estimator HVAC/Sheet Metal, Professions , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!