Supply Chain - Procurement Specialist
Company: Advantage Technical
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Under limited supervision of the Manager of Procurement, the
Material Estimator II position is responsible for the development
and analysis of material estimates for proposals in support of
current and potential business activities (New Development and
Production proposals) in response to customer Requests for
Major functions: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepare material cost packages that are statistically correct
and can be supported through historical, empirical data and/or
2. Generate reliable cost estimates that accurately reflect the
cost and customer requirements.
3. Organize data and estimates from various functional areas into
cohesive, auditable and consistent cost packages.
4. Analyzes material estimates to ensure cohesiveness and
consistency with the Proposal Action Plan and/or Requests for
Estimate and compiles data into cost packages.
5. Prepares cost summaries outlining and summarizing material
estimates contained in contract proposals.
6. Prepares and analyzes material pricing data to support audit
requests and negotiation activities (sweeps, repricing, should
7. Interface with suppliers and Company personnel and customer
representative to support material proposal audits and contract
8. Monitors proposal activities to assure customer/management
expectation are met.
9. Develops material cost histories and estimates to support
proposal packages, audits, and negotiations.
10. Ensures that material cost proposals and special studies are
prepared in compliance with regulations and PSG Policy and
11. Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Technical/Functional skills: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
1. 4+ years relevant experience in Pricing, Estimating, or Supply
Chain Role (military specifications, off the shelf, make to
2. General knowledge of Material Estimating theories, procedures
3. General knowledge of FAR/DFARS Government Procurement
4. General knowledge of TINA Proposal guidelines, emphasis on FAR
5. Demonstrated ability to work in cross functional settings with
Finance, Engineering, Planning, Programs, and Quality.
6. Ability to meet deadlines and interface with all management
levels, organizations, and companies.
7. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
8. General knowledge of MRP systems.
9. Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
10. Strong PC skills (Microsoft Suite)
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: Bachelor's degree from
four-year college or university; 4-7+ years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Post Bachelors degree preferred. Additional education
may count toward required years of related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw
valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of
technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands
and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
About Advantage Technical
Advantage Technical is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion
(including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age,
marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and
physical disability, political affiliation, union membership,
status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit
based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout
the application, interviewing and employment process. If you
require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Technical
is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of
the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers,
promotions, training, terminations, working conditions,
compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this
policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect
to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary
employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in
accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Keywords: Advantage Technical, Anaheim , Supply Chain - Procurement Specialist, Professions , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!