Posted on: June 24, 2022
This position has the responsibility for assisting with the
implementation, maintenance, and development of the strategic
vision for our vehicle fleet and plans for realizing that vision.
The scope of the company's operation encompasses a fleet size of
approximately 5,000 vehicles.
Essential Job Duties:
Work closely with field operations and other internal customers to
continually identify and implement improvements in business
processes focused on growing sales, improving customer
satisfaction, and deliver heightened cost-efficiency in fleet
- Work with third parties and internal staff to establish and
direct the maintenance of an accurate, comprehensive database of
fleet vehicles and related metrics.
- Work collaboratively with field operations to ensure strategic
sourcing best practices are followed for the purchase of fleet
vehicles, support services, parts, and supplies.
- Work collaboratively with Finance to determine optimal
financing arrangements (lease or purchase) for fleet operations
equipment and support services.
- Ensure appropriate matches of vehicle and equipment
specifications to operational needs.
- Provide functional strategy to determine the optimal fleet
size, life-cycle replacement planning, and capital requirements.
Work collaboratively with business managers and the Finance team to
establish annual budgets for fleet-related items.
- Manage the internal transfer and reallocation of fleet assets
between company locations to optimize utilization for short-term
and long-term needs.
- Manage the process for the determination and disposition of
excess and obsolete fleet equipment.
- Administer and further develop current programs for fuel
management, maintenance management, titling, registration,
permitting, equipment rental, and short-term sourcing using
third-party providers and internal staff.
- Administer and further develop appropriate key performance
indicators (KPIs), administer KPI tracking program, and coach field
management to achieve the best possible fleet-related
- Ensure that fleet-related policies, procedures, and
organizational design align with operational needs.
- Ensure that company-wide fleet operations are compliant with
all applicable laws, regulations, and policies including but not
limited to DOT regulations.
- Create optimal flexibility in the fleet program to respond to
- Seek out new and innovative approaches to enhance the Company's
- Maintain and further develop working relationships with a
network of third-party service providers of transportation/fleet
management systems for maximum effectiveness.
- Remain current with industry / general business trends that
impact company fleet costs, service levels, and supplier
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in
Business Management, Engineering, Logistics, or Transportation.
Two+ years of experience in a leadership role in a high-performance
organization managing a sizable fleet operation and/or supply chain
organization. Experience and proficiency in strategic sourcing
negotiations for purchases of fleet vehicles, equipment, supplies,
support services, leasing, and rental agreements.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Knowledge of maintenance programs, fuel
management, vehicle purchase/leasing (truck selection) programs.
Knowledge of regulatory and other compliance programs at the state
and federal level, fleet cost reduction, and titling and
registration programs. Experience and proficiency in Microsoft
Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:Must have the ability
to work under conditions of frequent interruptions and be attentive
to detail. This position requires a moderate amount of travel,
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
Keywords: LKQ, Anaheim , Fleet Manager, Professions , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!