Sourcing Specialist- Design and Construction, Disneyland Resort
Company: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: November 16, 2023
The Opportunity: At Disney, we're storytellers. -We make the
impossible, possible. -We do this through utilizing and developing
cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories
to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and
resorts, and media networks. -Now is your chance to join our
talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to
audiences around the world. We are looking for a Sourcing
Specialist to join us as part of the Disney Worldwide Services,
Inc. Strategic Sourcing team primarily supporting stakeholders at
Disneyland Resort (DLR). -The Sourcing Specialist will execute
sourcing decisions in selecting service providers to maximize the
value of multi-million dollar annual spend, and to mitigate risks
through smart contract negotiations. -This includes supporting key
categories and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), writing
contracts, developing and running Request for Proposals (RFP),
negotiating deals, managing suppliers, ensuring regulatory
compliance, facilitating process improvements and bringing
stakeholders together for collaboration to leverage opportunities.
Responsibilities: The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for
developing and implementing strategic sourcing commercial and
technical contractual arrangements through competitive bids and
contract negotiations. -This individual should have a proven
proficiency with all aspects of the sourcing process for design,
professional and construction services, and should have experience
with various contracting methodologies, including but not limited
to lump sum, design build, blanket/master agreements and general
procurement of goods and services. Other responsibilities
- Participate in cross-functional teams.
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing policies and best
- Continually assess market conditions and develop procurement
strategies that maximize value to the Company.
- Evaluate potential contractors and consultants.
- Prepare Request for Proposals for design, other services and
materials that clearly define requirements.
- Prepare Invitations to Bid for small to medium size
- Advise, identify, and mitigate potential risk throughout the
bid process, which includes, but is not limited to bidder list
development, sourcing/contract strategy input & development and
compilation/facilitation of a complete ITB/RFP (includes scope of
work/services, schedule, drawings, specs, etc.).
- Conduct pre-bid meetings and job walks.
- Lead structured supplier negotiations.
- Use price & cost analysis. - Analyze proposals through use of
spreadsheets, including weighted evaluations of non-pricing
- Prepare construction, consultant, and other service agreements
with fixed and cost reimbursable type fees from approved contract
- Review contract issues with legal department.
- Monitor projects to confirm contract compliance.
- Assist in resolution of payment problems.
- Assist in resolution of contract disputes or claims.
- Advocate the utilization of Diverse Business Enterprises.
- Maintain all records, documents, correspondence, and materials
related to any sourcing activity in an understandable format such
that files can be readily audited.
- Report status of project initiatives in a concise and timely
manner to management.
- Use Coupa Spend Management tools for eRFx preparation, bidding,
contract management, and spend analysis.
- Process SAP integrated software system transactions related to
the contracts created in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Analyze market trends and conditions that affect suppliers,
cost of goods, pricing, and the resulting impact on clients.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep
abreast of current industry best practices.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all
- Some work responsibilities (e.g., facilitating pre-bid
meetings) will require meeting in the field and/or on Property
outside of normal business hours (i.e., prior to Park opening,
etc.). The Ideal Candidate has:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong strategic agility.
- The ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- The ability to interact with and establish relationships with
team members at all levels.
- A desire to work in diverse and ever-changing environment.
- Strong organizational skills. Basic Qualifications:
- 1-3 years working within a design/construction-related
- Internal customer focus and excellent internal client support
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to effectively
report out findings.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Sourcing processes, basic legal terms and
conditions, and entertainment industry trends and conditions.
- Experience in drafting and executing design, construction,
service, and professional agreements as well as change orders.
- Established experience working with legal department on matters
concerning boilerplate revisions to terms and conditions.
- Ability to work with and adapt to company systems, such as SAP
and Coupa along with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel (unlikely, however position may require
5% travel). Required Education:
- Undergraduate degree in any above-mentioned related
field/discipline. Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards
package to help you live your best life. -This includes health and
savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that
only Disney can provide. -Learn more about our benefits and perks
at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits The hiring range for
this position in California is $69,600.00 to $85,000.00 per year.
The base pay actually offered will take into account internal
equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic
region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other
factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided
as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range
of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the
level and position offered.
Keywords: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, Anaheim , Sourcing Specialist- Design and Construction, Disneyland Resort, Professions , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!