Company: Taylor-Dunn Manufacturing Co.
Posted on: November 17, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Buyer/Planner 30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1068 Salary Range: $70,000.00 To 85,000.00 Annually
Waev Inc. is an electric mobility OEM founded in 2021 to
manufacture, distribute, market, and support the GEM, Taylor-Dunn
and Tiger brands. GEM was the first commercially-produced,
street-legal low-speed vehicle in the United States. GEMs shuttle
people and goods across city centers, residential communities,
government campuses, colleges and universities, and other
micro-environments. Founded in 1949, Taylor-Dunn burden carriers,
personnel carriers, and stockchasers have been trusted solutions in
a broad range of commercial environments and provide premium
reliability, safety features, and all-electric efficiency for
industrial grade applications. Tiger heavy-duty tow tractors have
been towing cargo, baggage, parcel, and other equipment in ground
support applications since 1981. Waev's headquarters and factory
are located in Anaheim, California.JOB SUMMARYAs a Buyer Planner,
you will manage the supply base to ensure that all suppliers meet
our four sourcing priorities: Delivery, Quality, New Product
Integration, and Cost Competitiveness. As well as, lead
coordination of resources and schedules cross-functionally to
support production vehicles. Working with the commodity team, you
will execute according to established commodity strategy.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:Leadership:
- Lead coordination of resources between multiple departments to
assist in the development, launch, production, and continuation
support of production vehicles from multiple facilities.
- Conduct business within established supplier relationships.
- Schedules each purchase order as needed to support the
production schedule or requisition requirement, maintaining a
minimum of inventory, while being responsive to manufacturing and
other departments' needs.
- Identify and communicate internally any supplier concerns or
opportunities. Support cost recovery initiatives.
- Support problem resolution discussions with suppliers and
ensures the adequacy and timeliness of supplier correction action
- Coordinate the implementation of cost reduction projects and
- Monitor cost, schedule, technical, and drawing release status
of projects and lead corrective actions as required.
- Enter cost changes, assign selected suppliers, and support
- Prepare and solicit requests for quotes and proposals based on
the defined commodity strategy.
- Coordinate and communicate new component releases and design
changes with suppliers and engineering. -Sourcing Priority
- Support part shortages and drive delivery issues from suppliers
- Execute on approved cost reduction projects. Maintain and
measure cost reduction projects. Work with suppliers to resolve
price and invoice discrepancies.
- Support supplier quality function in determining root cause,
necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories
to ensure suppliers are meeting Waev requirements for quality and
- Monitor supplier lead-times and production capacity improvement
initiatives to ensure schedule flexibility.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business
Administration or equivalent working experience in the technical
area is required.
- 3+ years of purchasing or relevant experience (negotiating
skills, materials planning, ERPs (SAP) data structure, MRP process
and data flows)KNOWLEGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES -
- Effective negotiation, decision making, flexibility, and
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and
- Ability to creatively source for alternate suppliers.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities
- Ability to professionally represent Waev by developing
productive working relationships with suppliers.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation
and technical data.
- Fundamental knowledge of KBM MRP and web-based business systems
- Knowledge of project management tools and ability to assist in
tasks assigned by Project Managers.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Environment: Fast-paced office/manufacturing/warehouse
Waev Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all
employment-related decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status
with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local
commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: Taylor-Dunn Manufacturing Co., Anaheim , Buyer/Planner, Professions , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!