Senior Area Sales Manager - SoCal Team
Company: OWENS CORNING
Posted on: January 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:The Senior Area Sales Manager (ASM) in the
building materials distribution sales organization more
specifically our Roofing business; is responsible for all aspects
of sales and service to a mixture of building materials customers
in the SoCal/Orange County market. The ASM is accountable to
achieve mutual growth and profitability objectives for our
customers and Owens Corning. The person selected must establish and
maintain relationships with customers to include all stakeholders
in the territory. This includes one-step and two-step distribution,
dealers, contractors, architects and other influencers. New and
existing account development in these market segments is critical
to meet our growth objectives. Product knowledge, application,
building science, financial business acumen and the ability to
develop industry / market knowledge and opportunity analyses are
critical to the success of this role.
Strategy Execution - Deliver Results
- Execute annual sales plans, individual and team goals, and
implement customer operating plans with a 3 year vision.
- Identify and deliver differential value for OC and our
- Manage margin through strategic price, actionable cost
management, and effective negotiation using accurate and reliable
- Advance our desired market role and positioning through by
creating value for the customer.
- Recommend resourcing and funding decisions that maximize value
for Owens Corning.
- Identify and develop process changes to eliminate
waste/increase profitability for Owens Corning and our
- Establish strong and productive customer relationships while
ensuring customers meet their financial goals.
- Communicate the full value that can be derived from each of our
products, services, systems and solutions, individually and
- Execute individual and team strategies, and take action to
support customer strategies.
- Ensure a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work
environment, and build a culture where safety is the first
- Drive business growth through customer knowledge and market
- Build intimate insight and knowledge of market dynamics and
needs, and the competitive landscape.
- Know current and potential customers within the territory,
their business, what is necessary for the customer to be
successful, and the differential value that our products, programs
and processes deliver.
- Understand what is necessary for the direct customer to be
- Seek knowledge of the competition and ensure information is fed
back into the organization in a way that can shape action.
- Communicate customer's strategies and involve others in the
Develop Territory Strategy
- Partner with the regional sales leader, peers, and support
functions to develop a territory market plan that identifies long
term goals and short terms needs to support those goals.
- Provide the following insights:
- An analysis that includes: economic impacts, market trends,
competitor intelligence and strategies, clear needs of the customer
and the customer's strategy
- An analysis of competitors' strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities and threats (Understanding of why the customer is
buying from the competition).
- An analysis of external and execution risks and their potential
impact on business segment results, including a risk mitigation
plan with identified actions.
- Bachelor's degree in business / related field or comparable
- Candidate MUST live within the territory
- 3 - 5 years direct sales experience preferred
- Experience in the building materials industry preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to develop a sale from cold call through
- Ability to operate across geographic and cultural
- Ability to market, educate and sell new products and services;
attracting new customers
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer
- Ability to overcome obstacles and challenges to drive for
maximum customer-driven results
- Ability to make persuasive product presentations by
understanding customer's needs
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrates leadership within teams
- Shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of
others, aware of personal impact on others
- Works well in an autonomous culture
- Strategic, introduces creative ideas to team and leaders
- Carries self with a high degree of professionalism and
- Conducts self with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Position is home office based with the ability to travel
overnight#LI-KM2About Owens CorningOwens Corning is a global
building and industrial materials leader. The company's three
integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and
advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass
composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in
33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and
sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product
safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor
productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the
company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in
Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion.
Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500-- company for 66
consecutive years. For more information, please visit
www.owenscorning.com.Owens Corning is an equal opportunity
Keywords: OWENS CORNING, Anaheim , Senior Area Sales Manager - SoCal Team, Sales , Anaheim, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!